Adam Falkof is a member of the firm’s real estate group. He represents a variety of clients in connection with real estate matters with a focus on leasing, acquisitions and dispositions, and zoning and entitlements transactions. He has represented landlords and tenants in connection with different asset classes across the country, including general office, medical office, warehouse, and industrial leases. Mr. Falkof also has represented data centers and landlords in connection with telecommunications and data center transactions, including data center leasing, distributed antenna systems transactions, colocation licenses, and data center zoning matters.
In addition to Mr. Falkof’s real estate experience, he has substantial experience with Chicago’s startup community and has previously launched two of his own startups. Mr. Falkof represents a number of Chicago’s leading early-stage startups and has close relationships with Chicago technology accelerators, angel investors, and venture capital funds. He also writes a monthly Chicago startups newsletter that features early stage Chicago startup companies and upcoming startup community events.
Education and Honors
- University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., with distinction, 2013)
- Order of the Coif
- Journal of Corporation Law (Student Writer and Articles Editor)
- Law School Writing Center (Research Assistant)
- George Washington University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2008)
- Major: International Relations and Political Science
- Phi Beta Kappa
Professional and Civic Activities
- Johnson County Attorney’s Office Alcohol Diversion Program (Volunteer)
- Green City Market (Volunteer)
- Junior Board of Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (Member)
- Chinatown Legal Clinic (Volunteer)
- Selected for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers®–Rising Stars Edition (2020: Real Estate)