Patrick Taylor is an attorney in the firm’s Business Law Practice Group. He focuses his practice on representing private equity, middle market, and publicly held companies in acquisitions and divestitures, drafting complex commercial agreements, and counseling privately held businesses.
Some of Patrick’s recent experience includes assisting with the following:
- Add-on acquisition by private equity client of a medical packaging company with international operations.
- Divestiture by large publicly traded client of a subsidiary company in the for-profit education industry.
- Developing standard terms and conditions for a privately held client and advising the client regarding risk mitigation strategies.
- Corporate restructuring of a $1 billion privately held company, in order to mitigate the risk associated with certain business lines.
- Drafting numerous supply agreements for clients in various industries, including food products, packaging, manufacturing, and automotive.
- Obtaining corporate records pursuant to a Delaware General Corporation Law Section 220 stockholder records request.
- Providing pro bono legal advice to a local nonprofit organization regarding the legal requirements for conducting a charity raffle in Wisconsin.
While in law school, Patrick served as a judicial intern for both Justice Patrick Crooks of the Supreme Court of Wisconsin and Chief Judge Richard Brown of the Wisconsin Court of Appeals, where he performed research in several areas of civil and criminal law and wrote draft opinions and bench memoranda.
Education and Honors
- William and Mary School of Law (J.D., 2013)
- William & Mary Business Law Review (Executive Editor)
- College of William and Mary - Mason School of Business (M.B.A., 2013)
- Brigham Young University (B.S., 2008)
- Major: Business Management
Professional and Civic Activities
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic (Volunteer)
- Sojourner Family Peace Center Restraining Order Clinic (Volunteer)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Missionary, 2003–2005)
- The Boy Scouts of America (Eagle Scout; Law Merit Badge Counselor)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers®-Rising Stars Edition 2016, 2018, 2019 (Business/Corporate)