Emily Feinstein practices in the area of Litigation and Health Law. Her practice includes
- Representation of a Fortune 500 company in a major theft of trade secrets lawsuit.
- Successful representation of an animal vaccine manufacturer, through trial, in a breach of contract case. Obtained a jury verdict of no liability against client and a $1.9 million verdict on counterclaims.
- Representation of insurance companies and benefit plans in coverage disputes.
- Representation of health care providers before licensing boards.
- Advice to health care providers on health information disclosure and management.
- Internal investigations of health care entities and assistance, when needed, with voluntary disclosures.
- General advice to health care providers on patient care and risk management issues.
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trade Secrets and Unfair Competition
- ERISA Litigation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Trade Secrets
Education and Honors
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2001)
- University of Wisconsin Law Review (Senior Managing Editor)
- Wisconsin Moot Court Board
- University of Illinois (B.A., 1998)
- Departmental Distinction
- University of Illinois Women's Ice Hockey Team
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2001
Professional and Civic Activities
- Board of Governors, Western District Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Western District Bar Association (Member)
- Dane County Bar Association (Member)
- Assistance with development of children's home in Dominican Republic, run by Nuestros Pequenos Hermanos, including fundraising and building of facilities; work featured in article in Brava Magazine, April 2008
- Westmorland Neighborhood Association (President and Board Member)
- Regent Market Co-operative (Board Member)
- Madison Lightning Women's Ice Hockey Team (Manager)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers®-Rising Stars Edition 2010, 2013–2016 (Intellectual Property Litigation)
- Athena Young Professional Award Nominee 2008
- Madison In Business, 40 Under 40, 2009