Mr. Loo is the Phoenix Office Managing Partner and is a member of the firm's Business Law, Finance, and International Services Law Practice Groups. He practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, commercial financing, international transactions, securities, and general corporate law involving clients in a wide variety of industries.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented Arizona State University in its acquisition of the Thunderbird School of Global Management.
- Represented a medical laboratory in its sale to a publicly traded S&P 500 company in the diagnostics industry.
- Represented a franchisor of large format printing services, with over 100-plus franchise units, in its sale to an entrepreneurial investment firm.
- Represented various corporations in the construction industry in their sale to leading publicly traded companies.
- Represented automobile dealership companies in connection with their acquisition of various automobile dealerships in California and Arizona.
- Represented an agricultural company in its recapitalization and stock sale estimated at $90 million to a private equity investment firm.
- Represented a genome sciences company in its acquisition of a livestock cloning company.
- Represented seller in $61 million sale of footwear and apparel business to a publicly traded international footwear company.
- Represented an architectural, construction management, and engineering services company in various rollup acquisitions for architectural services firms.
- Represented a life insurance company in its $35 million acquisition of a competing insurance company.
- Represented a mutual fund investment adviser in connection with the sale of funds under its control to a national mutual fund management company.
- Represented a controlling shareholder group in a going-private transaction of a publicly traded medical services corporation.
- Financing, Regulatory
- Represented clients, including major lending institutions and publicly traded borrowers, in connection with the documentation and negotiation of a variety of commercial and real estate finance transactions.
- Represented a leading franchise finance lender in connection with a variety of loans for the acquisition, refinancing and expansion of hotel projects.
- Represented multiple commercial and consumer lending institutions, as well as mortgage bankers/brokers with a host of federal and state regulatory compliance issues.
- Represented numerous clients in private placement financing transactions in a variety of industries.
- Represented a health-industry company in its expansion efforts across Asia, the Middle East, and the United States.
- Represented buyer group in its purchase of a technology company based in Israel.
- Represented a domestic company in connection with a multimillion-dollar private offering for real estate developments in Mexico.
- Represented an Israel-based insurance group in its regulatory compliance efforts across various states.
- Represented mining-related clients in exploration projects throughout Canada and Australia.
- Represented Korea-based environmental services company in its acquisition of US-based competitor.
- Represented US-based freight company in joint venture projects in Canada.
- Represented US-based company in its restructuring of subsidiaries in Mexico and across Asia.
- Health Care
- Represented a medical practice in its purchase and sale to a publicly traded oncology services company.
- Represented numerous physicians with employment and partnership issues.
- Counseled a network of health clinics in connection with insurance-related regulatory issues.
- Counseled a medical services management company in connection with compliance matters and in structuring its management services.
- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Higher Education
- International Services
Education and Honors
- University of Chicago (J.D., 1996)
- Stanford University (B.A., 1993)
- Universidad de Salamanca, Spain (1992)
- Stanford Program
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Arizona (Member)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (Former Member, Board of Directors)
- State Bar of Arizona (Former Secretary, Business Law Section)
- Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc. (Chairman, Board of Directors)
- Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (General Counsel, Board of Directors)
- Greater Phoenix Black Chamber of Commerce (General Counsel)
- Arizona Asian American Bar Association (Member, Board of Directors)
- Citizens Committee on the Future of Phoenix Transportation (Member)
- National Asian-Pacific American Bar Association (Former Alternate Southwest Regional Governor)
- Maricopa County Colleges Foundation (Former Member, Board of Directors)
- The Victoria Foundation (Former Member, Board of Directors)
- Diversity Advisory Council for Maricopa Integrated Health System (Former Member)
- University of Chicago Alumni Schools Committee (Member)
- HALO/Helping Animals Live On, Inc. (Former Member, Board of Directors)
- Governor Napolitano's Asian American Advisory Council (Former Member)
- City of Phoenix Pacific Rim Advisory Council (Former Chairperson)
- City of Phoenix Sister Cities Commission (Former Member, Board of Directors)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® (2020)
- Selected as one of the "AzBusiness Leaders 2020" by AZ Business Magazine
- Named Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona for 2019 by AZ Business Magazine
- Named one of the Arizona Business Leaders to Watch in 2019 by AZ
- Named one of the Most Influential Minority Business Leaders of 2016 by Arizona Business Magazine
- Named a 2016 Arizona Business Leader – Diversity Leader by AZ Big Media
- Named a 2015 Most Admired Leader by the Phoenix Business Journal
- Named a 2015 Arizona Business Leader by AZ Business Leaders Magazine
- Received the 2015 Chairperson’s Award from the Black Chamber of Arizona
- 2015 Minority Business Leader by AZ Big Media
- 2013 Community Leader of the Year Award from The National Association of Asian American Professionals
- Hispanic Hero, Aguila Youth Leadership Institute (2008)
- Corporate Counsel Black Book (2008)
- "Forty Under 40" honoree by The Business Journal, 2005
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law