Jeff Peelen is a transactional lawyer who focuses on public finance and project finance matters.
He is a past Chair of the firm's Public Finance group, and serves as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel and disclosure counsel for transactions across the country.
Jeff previously served on the firm's Executive Committee, and led the firm's growth efforts for the five years following the Great Recession — giving him a broad perspective and making him an excellent counselor, strategist and client relationship lawyer.
He is a technology enthusiast, with an undergraduate degree in mathematics and computer science, and brings energy to his work with clients he truly enjoys. Outside the firm, Jeff is the co-owner of Spire Fitness, an indoor cycling, rowing and strength studio located in Milwaukee's Third Ward. If you're brave, ask Jeff about his (not) patented "green juice" blend — which he claims is the secret to his modest athletic success.
Jeff lives in Franklin, Wisconsin, with his wife Roxanne and their three children: Jack, William and Madeline.
Education and Honors
- Harvard Law School Executive Education (Leadership in Law Firms Program, 2016)
- University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business (Certificate of Executive Management, 2013)
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., magna cum laude, 1998)
- The Georgetown Law Journal, editor in chief, 1997-1998
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Marquette University (B.S., 1992)
- Concentrations: Mathematics / Computer Science; English
- Phi Beta Kappa
Professional and Civic Activities
- United Way of Greater Milwaukee & Waukesha County, board of directors, 2018-present
- Quarles & Brady Executive Committee, 2014-2018
- Quarles & Brady Section Chair, Transactional Practices, 2015-2018
- Spire Fitness, co-owner
- Best Lawyers® 2021 Milwaukee Public FInance Law "Lawyer of the Year"