Courtney (Figg) Lynch is an established business and nonprofit attorney who guides clients through a variety of transactional matters, focusing in the areas of affordable housing, religious and charitable activities, small business, and health care.
She assists clients with entity formation, corporate governance, tax exemptions, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, and contract preparation and negotiation. As a deal lawyer and bridge builder, Courtney helps clients execute the acquisition, financing, disposition, and restructuring of strategically significant assets.
Courtney routinely represents nonprofits of all types, including public charities, religious organizations, community associations, affordable housing developers, and private foundations. Courtney also handles business and real estate transactions for long-term care facilities.
Courtney values being a trusted partner and advisor to her clients and adding value by supporting them in achieving their goals.
Her recent experience includes:
- Representing investors, syndicators, lenders, and developers in new construction and rehabilitation affordable housing projects involving low income housing tax credits (LIHTC), historic tax credits (HTC), and HUD financing.
- Being outside counsel to church extension funds and preparing, reviewing, and filing offering circulars and nationwide state securities exemptions and registrations, along with providing lending, real estate, and property tax advice.
- Representing buyers in the financing and acquisition of skilled nursing facility portfolios.
- Leading start-up clients through their disposition and transition of their businesses.
- Business Law
- Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Real Estate
- Health & Life Sciences
Education and Honors
- Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- Indiana International and Comparative Law Review (Student Note Editor)
- Moot Court: Order of the Barristers and Board Member - Associate Night Justice
- Client Counseling Competition: 1st Place and Board Member
- DePauw University (B.A., cum laude, 2007)
- Lilly Endowment Community Scholar
- Supreme Court of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Tax Court
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law, member
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Real Estate and Land Use Executive Committee, member; chair, 2019
- Standing Committee on Professionalism, member, 2013-2018
- Indiana State Bar Association, member
- Executive Women in Finance, member
- Association for Corporate Growth - Indiana, member
- Quarles Cares volunteer
- Wheeler Mission Legal Clinic
- Indiana Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, Nonprofit Organizations, 2017-present
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch," Nonprofit / Charities Law, 2021