Courtney Lynch concentrates her practice in business law and tax-exempt organizations. Courtney has extensive transactional and deal experience in the areas of affordable housing, religious activities, health care, and education. Courtney regularly advises clients in the acquisition, financing, development, and operation of assets for community-based organizations. As a deal lawyer, Courtney helps clients acquire and dispose of strategically significant assets.
Courtney assists clients with entity formation, corporate governance, tax exemption, reorganizations, mergers, asset sales and acquisitions, regulatory compliance, preparation of agreements, and church extension fund securities offerings and compliance. Courtney also provides a range of real estate legal services, including representation of clients in tax credit and commercial finance matters.
Courtney has experience representing a variety of nonprofits, including charitable organizations, community associations, religious organizations, and affordable housing providers. Courtney also has specific experience assisting with business and real estate transactions for long-term care facilities.
Courtney values being a counselor for her clients and supporting them as they serve their communities.
Courtney’s recent experience includes:
- Representing affordable housing clients in the development of $25-$28 million assisted living facilities, including preparation of tax credit applications, representation as borrower’s counsel in tax credit and bond financing, and assistance with due diligence and real estate matters.
- Preparing, reviewing, and filing offering circulars and state securities exemptions and registrations for church extension funds, in addition to drafting and assisting with loan documents for the funds’ lending programs.
- Representing buyers in the financing and acquisition of skilled nursing facility portfolios.
- Business Law
- Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Real Estate
- Health & Life Sciences
Education and Honors
- Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2011)
- Indiana International and Comparative Law Review (Student Note Editor)
- Moot Court: Order of the Barristers and Board Member - Associate Night Justice
- Client Counseling Competition: 1st Place and Board Member
- DePauw University (B.A., cum laude, 2007)
- Lilly Endowment Community Scholar
- Supreme Court of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Tax Court
Professional and Civic Activities
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Real Estate and Land Use Executive Committee - Chair
- Standing Committee on Professionalism - Member
- Indiana State Bar Association - Member
- Association for Corporate Growth - Indiana - Member
- Executive Women in Finance - Member
- Quarles Cares Volunteer
- Wheeler Mission Legal Clinic
- Selected for inclusion in Indiana Super Lawyers - Rising Stars (2017-present)