Tyler Roth is an attorney in the firm's Labor & Employment Practice Group. He advises businesses regarding their various obligations under federal and state employment laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VII), and the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act (WFEA). Tyler also represents businesses in a broad range of employment-related disputes, including those involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, and alleged wage and hour violations. He represents employers in federal and state court as well as before administrative agencies such as the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Wisconsin Department of Workplace Development's (DWD) Equal Rights Division (ERD) and Unemployment Insurance Division. Tyler also advises employers on matters related to union organizing, collective bargaining, and labor arbitration, including by representing them in unfair labor practice charges and representation matters before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
Tyler's counseling experience includes assisting employers with the various challenges posed by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), including by advising them of requirements under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Act. Tyler also provides guidance on workforce reductions and the WARN Act, as well as on issues relating to unemployment benefits, employee leave requests, ADA accommodations, remote work policies, and workplace safety, among other pandemic challenges.
Tyler is actively involved in the firm’s pro bono efforts, including as co-chair of the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Guardianship Clinic.
While in law school, Tyler worked for the United States Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation where he assisted in the legislative process and confirmation of executive nominations to federal agencies.
Education and Honors
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2016)
- Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy (Member)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., 2009)
- Major: Political Science
Professional and Civic Activities
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Guardianship Pro Bono Clinic (Co-chair)
- Kyle's Korner, Board of Directors (Member)
- Notre Dame School of Milwaukee, Auxiliary Board of Directors (Member)
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic (Volunteer)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Milwaukee Excellence Charter School, Board of Directors (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Pro Bono Honor Society (2017)