Tyler Roth represents and counsels employers on a broad range of labor and employment issues. In his experience advising and litigating on behalf of employers, Tyler has handled matters involving:
- Wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation complaints before state and federal courts and government agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Department of Workforce Development (DWD) / Wisconsin Equal Rights Division (ERD);
- Labor-management relations, including arbitrations, union organizing and elections, and unfair labor practice proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB);
- Wage and hour compliance and complaints before the Department of Labor;
- Unemployment compensation and independent contractor disputes before the Wisconsin Labor and Industry Review Commission (LIRC);
- Federal contractor requirements, affirmative action plans, and jurisdictional challenges before the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP);
- Employee leave and reasonable accommodations; disciplinary decision-making, employment policies and procedures, handbook reviews; and
- Independent workplace investigations, customized trainings, and presentations.
As an experienced defense counsel, Tyler has handled all aspects of litigation, from discovery management, taking and defending depositions, and mediation and settlement negotiations, to briefing and arguing dispositive motions.
Tyler is actively involved in the firm’s pro bono efforts, including as co-chair of the Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Guardianship Clinic.
Education and Honors
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 2016)
- Georgetown Journal of Law and Public Policy (Member)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., 2009)
- Major: Political Science
Professional and Civic Activities
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin Guardianship Pro Bono Clinic (Co-chair)
- Kyle's Korner, Board of Directors (Member)
- Notre Dame School of Milwaukee, Auxiliary Board of Directors (Member)
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic (Volunteer)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Milwaukee Excellence Charter School, Board of Directors (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Pro Bono Honor Society (2017)