Counsel that offers robust legal support to any professional
Capabilities at a glance
- Proven track record of excellence in trials, combining the best strategies and case management with powerful arguments and expert testimonies.
- Legal support focused on your interests, which we will always investigate comprehensively pre-dispute to see if litigation can be avoided.
- Successful defenses in state and federal courts representing clients working in many fields, including insurance brokers, trustees, accountants, actuaries and lawyers.
- We provide a dedicated client service team, a tailored group of lawyers and business professionals whose experience and skill sets match with your specific legal needs.
Attorneys dedicated to protecting your business and your reputation
When your reputation—and your livelihood—are at stake, you need the strongest legal representation possible. With the breadth of experience on our Professional Liability team, we can quickly identify both problems and their solutions in order to resolve matters for you quickly and cost efficiently, ideally before litigation commences. Perhaps even more importantly, we are experienced trial lawyers. When career- or business-threatening disputes arise, clients deserve attorneys who have both organized and prepared effective cases and argued them successfully in courtrooms at every level. We focus on developing long-term partnerships with our clients, getting to know our clients' individual businesses from the ground up to understand their strategies and needs.
Knowledgeable and aggressive professional liability litigators
Quarles’ Professional Liability team has extensive insight and experience litigating complicated claims brought against accountants, actuaries, attorneys, insurance brokers, trustees and many other professionals operating in the worlds of business, finance and the law. When the need arises, we are proud to assertively serve the litigation needs of all professionals, including:
- Providing insightful and comprehensive pre-dispute investigation services to help our clients avoid litigation when possible.
- Identifying and working with nationally known experts to develop persuasive expert testimony.
- Preparing winning trial strategies, including state-of-the-art graphics and trial presentation materials, to assist our experienced and aggressive trial attorneys in best presenting our clients' often complex cases in court.
As part of a full-service firm with 11 offices around the country, we can also draw on the legal and industry knowledge of attorneys in nearly every area of legal practice.
- Insurance brokerage malpractice
- Actuarial malpractice
- Accounting malpractice
- Architectural and engineering malpractice
- Trustee and fiduciary litigation
- Legal malpractice
Our professional liability team analyzes risk and defends against liability claims for our clients in multiple professions. The following examples of our work highlights the scope of our professional liability practice.
- Representing an international insurance broker in professional liability claims throughout the country.
- Representing an international actuarial firm in professional liability claims throughout the country.
News & Insights
- News Release
- ArticleControlling Your Client’s Discovery Costs with ProportionalityAmerican Bar Association, Professional Liability Litigation
- ArticleEngage(ment letters) with Your ClientsAmerican Bar Association, Professional Liability Litigation
- ArticleFL Jury Rejects Allegations of “Special Relationship” With Insurance BrokerAmerican Bar Association, Professional Services Liability
- ArticleNY Courts Clarify Continuous Representation in Legal Malpractice ActionsAmerican Bar Association, Professional Services Liability
- News Release
- News Release
- Presentation"Paved with Good Intentions: Letters of Intent in M&A Transactions"Wisconsin Association of Corporate Counsel Seminar
- ArticleThe Law of Damages in Wisconsin, Chapter 25 - Liquidated DamagesState Bar of Wisconsin
- ArticleDrafting an Enforceable Limitation-of-Liability ProvisionAmerican Bar Association, Professional Liability Litigation
- Presentation“Data Breaches Are on the Rise: How to Protect Your Assets,Quarles & Brady In-House Counsel CLE
- Article"Coping with the Impacts of Superstorm Sandy"Aspatore Special Report
- News Release
- Presentation"Common Types of Commercial Insurance Coverages"State Bar of Wisconsin
- Presentation"Wisconsin Insurance Law in Review"State Bar of Wisconsin