Lindsey Davis is a member of the firm's Labor & Employment Practice Group. She is committed to practical, front-end solutions to employer needs and comprehensive advocacy of client interests. Her practice covers a broad range of issues involving counseling, discipline, and discharge of employees, as well as state and federal employment discrimination law. She has extensive experience in the areas of disability law and family medical leave.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Lindsey has been a trusted advisor for clients navigating the impacts of COVID-19 on their operations and employees. She has provided guidance on remote workforce policies, procedures and training; employee and student safety; reductions in force, furloughs, layoffs; family and medical leave due to coronavirus or childcare interruptions; ADA accommodations; return to work and campus issues, including temperature and COVID-19 testing, salary reductions, social distancing in the workplace and academic environment, and preventing discrimination and harassment related to COVID-19; among many others challenges.
Lindsey regularly represents clients in state and federal court as well as before various administrative agencies, including the Equal Rights Division, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Department of Labor, National Labor Relations Board, and Worker's Compensation Division.
Additionally, Lindsey helps higher education institutions navigate compliance with various federal and state laws, including Title IX, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. She assists higher education institutions with regard to internal investigations, policy reviews, and preventative strategies and defends discrimination claims—including representing higher education institutions before the Department of Education Office of Civil Rights.
She is a frequent speaker on employment law issues and provides customized training programs to clients.
- Labor & Employment
- Higher Education
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Litigation
- Data Privacy & Security
Education and Honors
- William and Mary School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2012)
- Order of the Coif
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., with honors, 2009)
- Majors: Legal Studies, Psychology, Political Science
- Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
Professional and Civic Activities
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Member)
- Marquette Volunteer Legal Clinic (Volunteer)
- Children's Hospital Guardianship Pro Bono Clinic (Volunteer)
- Professional Dimensions (Member)
- YWCA Southeast Wisconsin (2021 Board Chair, Member: Board of Directors)
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (Member)
- State Bar of Wisconsin – Pro Bono Honor Society (2013-2016)
- Selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars Edition (2018-2020: Employment & Labor)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch" (2021, Labor and Employment Law - Management)