Commercial real estate representation with practical insight
Erica Williams represents developers, buyers, sellers, REITs, landlords and tenants in all facets of complex commercial real estate transactions, including:
- Acquisitions and dispositions
- Development and redevelopment projects
As a former in-house real estate attorney for Simon Property Group and Finish Line, Erica worked closely with business team members and assisted in evaluating legal risks against each client’s business strategies. She understands the competing demands of her clients and provides cost-effective advice tailored to each client’s business objectives. With over 20 years of experience, Erica enjoys partnering with her clients to fit the puzzle pieces together to accomplish each deal.
Experience in Action
- Negotiates leases for national, regional and local landlords and tenants throughout the United States, including office, medical, manufacturing, retail and restaurant uses.
- Negotiates reciprocal operating agreements, easements and other project documents in connection with the development and redevelopment of shopping centers, condominiums and mixed-use developments.
- Represents convenience store/motor fuel and multi-family operators in property acquisitions and redevelopment transactions.
- Serves as primary counsel for the acquisition and development of sites across multiple states on behalf of a Midwest developer, including entitlements and due diligence.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2021 - 2023
Professional & Civic Activities
- Indiana State Bar Association, member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, member
- International Council of Shopping Centers, member, 2013-present
- Commercial Real Estate Executive Women (CREW) of Indianapolis, member
News & Insights
- Indiana University (B.A., highest distinction, 1990)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Indiana University McKinney School of Law - Indianapolis
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana