Commercial litigation representation for a variety of groups
Claunick Duronville represents domestic and multinational corporations, individuals and governmental entities in complex commercial litigation matters in federal and state courts as well as administrative agencies. He drafts pleadings and motions, responds to discovery, leads settlement negotiations and conducts trials as first chair. Claunick also helps clients with:
- Financial services
- Judgment enforcement
- Contract disputes
- Prejudgment remedies
- Trade secrets
Claunick brings a clear-eyed, assertive and practical approach to his counsel and legal work at all stages of litigation, enabling him to achieve the optimal objectives for his clients while working efficiently to ensure their interests are protected.
Admitted in Indiana and New York.
Experience in Action
- Reviews and amends contracts on a wide range of commercial litigation matters. Clients turn to Claunick when they seek assistance with understanding contract terms, disputing ambiguous provisions or revising conditions to better serve their interests.
- Conducts extensive motion practice. He has experience drafting all types of motions, including motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, post-trial memorandums, memorandums of law and appellate briefs.
- Handles issues related to restraint of trade, including non-solicitation and non-competition claims.
- Conducts trials and leading settlement negotiations. Claunick has successfully conducted trials as first chair while practicing in state courts and has led settlement conferences to resolution.
Professional & Civic Activities
- Congressional office in Washington, D.C., legal extern (2014)
- Hon. Tanya Walton Pratt, chief judge of the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, judicial law clerk (2021-2022)
- Awarded a fellowship with the Center for Court Innovation in New York City (2019)
News & Insights
- Hofstra University School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Gold Level Public Service Award
- Hofstra Law Moot Court Board, senior executive board member
- Hofstra Law Mock Trial Advocacy Association, Black Law Students Association Team
- Hofstra Law Intramural Moot Court Competition, quarterfinalist
- Morehouse College (2012)
- Student Government Association, senator
- Otis Moss Jr. Oratorical Competition Honoree
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York